San Fran Agan! 
Posted: 16 March 2011 08:25 AM   [ Ignore ]
White Belt
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2008-02-22

Hey yall! Long time no see! It’s been a while but gonna make a return trip to San Fran next week.. 

Wanted to say hi to anybody out there now so you can either avoid me or pop my tires or something haha.

Any advise on where to go and stay?

Thanks

Posted: 16 March 2011 10:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Blue Belt
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1384
Joined  2007-12-22

Stay out of Oakland?  LOL.

Bay Area peeps will have to holla at you.  I’m still chillin’ in Seattle.

Signature 

“Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another. Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the alien or the poor. In your hearts do not think evil of each other.”

Posted: 16 March 2011 11:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Purple Belt
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1590
Joined  2008-02-20

wow, hi stinkyspicytofu!

Posted: 17 March 2011 10:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Red Belt
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3476
Joined  2008-02-18

here is one older sf thread with some ideas: http://www.iistix.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/682/
and sf food: http://www.iistix.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/151/

you should look through those and then ask more questions here. i maybe free to meet after work sometime next week.

Posted: 17 March 2011 10:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Red Belt
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4184
Joined  2008-01-22

Dear Spicy Tofu,

Are you still boinking Sweetxthai?  And if you are, please remind her she still owes us a pic of her boobs.

Posted: 25 March 2011 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
White Belt
Rank
Joined  2008-02-22

kyoppo> will i forever be connected to sweetxthai’s breasts?! (either that or the guy who posted long ass postings!)

tenjay> thanks for the links!  Few things i’m aiming for:  1. Your top pick for Dim Sum and other must go to restaurants.  2. Walk/Hike recommendations to Golden Gate park (is there a trail that let’s you walk across the bridge?).  3. Any hidden “gems” of scenary, eat, events, memorable things to do from yours or anyone’s experiences.

Let me know yall!

Posted: 25 March 2011 05:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Blue Belt
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  728
Joined  2008-02-19

You can try koi palace for dimsum but its not in SF its in Daly city not sure if you have a car.  Get there early though or be prepared to wait.

Good places to eat, Ikes place for some serious sandwhiches, off the grid for food truck action, and burma superstar. 

Your best bet though would be to go with this list

http://www.7x7.com/eat-drink/2010-big-eat-sf-100-things-try-you-die

i haven’t tried it all but you really can’t go wrong

Posted: 25 March 2011 07:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
White Belt
Rank
Joined  2008-02-22

NICE wasabi!!!  THANKS O BUNCHES!!!

Posted: 26 March 2011 09:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Red Belt
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3476
Joined  2008-02-18

per your questions:
1. since i live near chinatown i usually have dim sum near by. i think most are decent. some may be intimidating depending on how much cantonese you speak. you can try four seas on grant.
2. golden gate park and the golden gate park are distinctly different things. the bridge is walkable as well as bikeable. pedestrians go on the bayside while bikes go on oceanside of the bridge. many people rent bikes near fisherman’s wharf, bike over the bridge and down to sausalito. then they take a ferry back. golden gate park is a huge park with many trails and ponds. you could spend a lot of time there walking or biking. you can also check out the academy of sciences or de young museum there.
3. there are many, many things to do that i can’t think of everything. the 7x7 list is good for food.

Posted: 16 May 2011 12:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Purple Belt
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1964
Joined  2008-02-18

Darn I didn’t see this thread.  I was out of town at the time.

I just had Kitchenette for lunch again.  Yum yum.