Mobile Broadband
Posted: 27 July 2010 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]
White Belt
Rank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2008-02-28

ok anyone got any knowledge on this they can share?  i am looking into this i would need an internet connection for both general usage and gaming.  two problems i have heard about the latter with current service:

1. way too slow for gaming
2. 5 gig cap per day

however i was told the new 4g network that sprint will be coming out with this november/october will solve both problems… internet speeds that are equal, if not exceed, those of typical high speed internet and cable services, with unlimited internet.

but i’ve heard this from retailers, and i’ve come to trust the nerdy tech-savvy asian crowds far more than the store clerks.  anyone verify all this/any advice on how to go about it?

currently my cell phone is verizon but i have no problem changing services.  and i won’t need any of this till probably february or march or so.

graci

Posted: 12 September 2010 03:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
White Belt
Rank
Joined  2008-02-28

anyone? >.>

Posted: 20 September 2010 11:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Red Belt
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3476
Joined  2008-02-18

sorry, looks like all the nerds left.

Posted: 21 September 2010 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Yellow Belt
RankRank
Total Posts:  289
Joined  2008-02-19

how about clearwire?

http://www.clearwire.com/

it’s meant for home use....but it just works off of the celllines---so it should work.  I’d use it, but i’m out here in OH---they didn’t have the 4g network when i was looking at it.

*it’s mostly for the westcoast now---until the company expands.

Signature 

another day…

Posted: 29 September 2010 08:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
White Belt
Rank
Total Posts:  179
Joined  2008-02-20
Inner Seoul - 27 July 2010 05:30 PM

ok anyone got any knowledge on this they can share?  i am looking into this i would need an internet connection for both general usage and gaming.  two problems i have heard about the latter with current service:

1. way too slow for gaming
2. 5 gig cap per day

however i was told the new 4g network that sprint will be coming out with this november/october will solve both problems… internet speeds that are equal, if not exceed, those of typical high speed internet and cable services, with unlimited internet.

but i’ve heard this from retailers, and i’ve come to trust the nerdy tech-savvy asian crowds far more than the store clerks.  anyone verify all this/any advice on how to go about it?

currently my cell phone is verizon but i have no problem changing services.  and i won’t need any of this till probably february or march or so.

graci

I Sprint has a cap on their data usage..

Signature 

---
aka flip19

Posted: 02 October 2010 08:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
White Belt
Rank
Joined  2008-02-28

i’ve looked into clearwire, only issue is that they don’t do contracts which means no cheap hardware, which means pretty big expenditures up front.

nayr: are you sure about that?  i know the 3g service has a cap on their data usage, but so far i’ve read that 4g is uncapped for now.