VERIZON Wireless Phones
Posted: 23 October 2009 07:10 PM   [ Ignore ]
Blue Belt
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1384
Joined  2007-12-22

So my contract is up and they’re trying to lure me to re-sign by dangling a bunch of free phones OR discounts on existing phones.  I hear also a new Android-based phone is in the works and should be out next month.

Anybody else on Verizon / got recs for a new handset?  Dunno what to get, though I use my phone a lot for:

-Phone calls (duh)
-Texting
-Pictures (taking blurry ones)
-Music (when my iPod battery runs out)
-Alarm clock

Signature 

“Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another. Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the alien or the poor. In your hearts do not think evil of each other.”

Posted: 23 October 2009 07:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Yellow Belt
RankRank
Total Posts:  454
Joined  2008-02-24

Hmmmm.... the Blackberry 9630 Tour? It has eveything you ask for but the sound quality for your music is terrible compared to playing them on your MP3 player. The phone call quality is the best from my other phones I had in the past. Picture quality is pretty good --- 3.2 MP. Good for texting and Alarm Clock is cool since you can use your music as alarm.

But smart move is to wait until the Android-based phone(s) are released.

Signature 

Reality is negotiable. Outside of science and law, rules are meant to be bent or broken.

Posted: 23 October 2009 07:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Blue Belt
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1384
Joined  2007-12-22

More Android info…

http://phandroid.com/2009/05/28/verizon-android-phones-are-officially-coming/

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=15791

Signature 

“Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another. Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the alien or the poor. In your hearts do not think evil of each other.”

Posted: 23 October 2009 10:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Purple Belt
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1964
Joined  2008-02-18

I’ve been waiting for a decent android handset with a keyboard, for ages.  I’ll probably get the droid when it comes out, I think it’ll be officially announced at the beginning of Nov, and probably available for purchase then too… i hope.  It’ll be the fastest android phone, 5MP camera with 2 LED flash, music, gps, wifi, and it behaves as an alarm clock with a dock.

I’m guessing it won’t be cheap.

Tmobile is going to have some pretty cheap plans coming out soon though (googlefor Project Dark).

Posted: 05 November 2009 04:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  257
Joined  2008-02-18

omnia 2 is being released soon too and i have my eye on that…

Signature 

UncreativeScreenName - 12 March 2008 10:54 PM
I got some extra body lube individual packets left over from when grace visited. I can give those to you

Posted: 14 July 2010 09:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Yellow Belt
RankRank
Total Posts:  454
Joined  2008-02-24

Wow. The recent Android phones are quite impressive. The only major downside is that the radiation level is way too high.

Signature 

Reality is negotiable. Outside of science and law, rules are meant to be bent or broken.

Posted: 12 January 2011 11:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Blue Belt
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  728
Joined  2008-02-19

So whose getting the iphone for verizon?  I’m probably going to wait until the summer.  You know Apple will have a new phone ready to show off then.  Hopefully one that uses 4G

Posted: 12 January 2011 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Red Belt
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3476
Joined  2008-02-18

depending on the price, i’ll consider it.  but i must say, my at&t;service isn’t that bad now.

Posted: 12 January 2011 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Red Belt
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4184
Joined  2008-01-22
wasabi - 12 January 2011 11:50 AM

So whose getting the iphone for verizon?  I’m probably going to wait until the summer.  You know Apple will have a new phone ready to show off then.  Hopefully one that uses 4G

The LTE chipset is something that prevented the iPhone 4 from being 4G on Verizon.  It all depends if Apple has had enough time to incorporate it into their design.

I want the LG Optimus 2

wpid-LG-Optimus-2X3.jpg