Total Votes: 16
You must be a logged-in member to vote
You think you’re being followed…
Posted: 09 February 2009 08:13 PM   [ Ignore ]
Blue Belt
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1158
Joined  2008-02-18

You’re driving home from work and you notice the same car has been behind you for a while.

The last two weeks, this has happened to me twice, but I was the person in the trailing car.  The first time the person pulled to the side of the road to let me pass.  I figured that’s what they were doing, so I took an extra long time at the mailbox and made sure to wave at them when they went by.
(dark blue older toyota highlander or rav4 driven by a older white guy with wife in the passenger seat)

But the second time the person pulled into MY driveway!  I normally park on the street, so I parked, got my mail and waited a few moments to see if she would back out of my driveway.  They didn’t so I smiled and walked past her.  I wonder what she was thinking. (blue/grey Mazda hatchback driven by a white lady in her 40s or 50s)

I dunno. Maybe they were lost or were real-estate agents looking for a particular house.

Posted: 10 February 2009 01:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Purple Belt
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1964
Joined  2008-02-18

i’m guessing you just happened to be following them by fluke?  if it were my driveway, i would have parked in behind them to block them in to freak them out.

Maybe knock on her window and tell her “we’re watching you.  we know where you live”.

Posted: 10 February 2009 03:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Blue Belt
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1158
Joined  2008-02-18

yeah. They just happened to be going from the same freeway or mall to a house deeper into the neighborhood than mine.  There’s only 2 routes into the neighborhood because of a center divider.  And I didn’t want to freak them out.

Posted: 12 February 2009 06:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Yellow Belt
RankRank
Total Posts:  680
Joined  2008-02-18
CurryChicken - 09 February 2009 08:13 PM

You’re driving home from work and you notice the same car has been behind you for a while.

The last two weeks, this has happened to me twice, but I was the person in the trailing car.  The first time the person pulled to the side of the road to let me pass.  I figured that’s what they were doing, so I took an extra long time at the mailbox and made sure to wave at them when they went by.
(dark blue older toyota highlander or rav4 driven by a older white guy with wife in the passenger seat)

But the second time the person pulled into MY driveway!  I normally park on the street, so I parked, got my mail and waited a few moments to see if she would back out of my driveway.  They didn’t so I smiled and walked past her.  I wonder what she was thinking. (blue/grey Mazda hatchback driven by a white lady in her 40s or 50s)

I dunno. Maybe they were lost or were real-estate agents looking for a particular house.

Actually, if this were on the street, and I suddenly turned the corner and I felt like somebody was tailing me, I’d sometimes start booking it.

I’ve been always a little bit paranoid since the time I got mugged in Berkeley.