Poll
How does passion apply to your life?
I was never taught to be passionate about anything. 6
I was raised to follow my dreams and find something in life I can be passionate about. 3
What’s passion? 1
I have discovered how to be passionate about things in my life. 7
Total Votes: 17
You must be a logged-in member to vote
Passion…
Posted: 29 August 2008 03:14 AM   [ Ignore ]
White Belt
Rank
Total Posts:  92
Joined  2008-07-09

Not necessarily the type for relations, but anything in life....

Signature 

you smell like iistix!

Posted: 29 August 2008 05:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Yellow Belt
RankRank
Total Posts:  680
Joined  2008-02-18

I’m an impractical idealist..it’s my firm belief that everybody should find a line of work that they can feel excited about every morning (well, at least most mornings). 

Finding that passion however, is a journey in itself.

Posted: 30 August 2008 03:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
White Belt
Rank
Total Posts:  169
Joined  2008-07-31

This one [poll] was tough. I’m not sure I am passionate about anything, but I guess it depends on how you define it. I see many people so overwhelmingly passionate about things in their life, and I just don’t feel like I’ve achieved it. I am enthusiastic about my career and hobbies (maybe even ardent). I’d miss it all if I were deprived of doing or pursuing any of it, but the people I see as ‘passionate’ seem to believe in what they are doing in a way that effects others and invites/inspires those others to investigate. I’m not sure I’ve ever inspired anyone with my love for anything… YET

Posted: 03 September 2008 03:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1508
Joined  2007-12-18

I’m passionate about doing my own thing. I have had many different jobs but ultimately I want to work for myself.

Signature 

“If you’ve drawn a sword, at least cut something”

Posted: 03 September 2008 07:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Yellow Belt
RankRank
Total Posts:  680
Joined  2008-02-18

I’m very passionate about doing nothing.  That’s like the best job.  Ever.

Posted: 07 September 2008 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Yellow Belt
RankRank
Total Posts:  293
Joined  2008-02-18

i’m not sure what’s changed since then if it’s just a combination of me having been out of school for a while, being more jaded, the day to day work tasks being a bit mundane, or events in my personal life but i’m not as excited to to go to work as i used to be

having said that - i do my best to enjoy each moment throughout the day.  whether it’s the commute to work, eating lunch or putting together project plans.  i don’t know - perhaps it’s a generalized passion for life expressed in a very quiet way?

Posted: 30 September 2008 12:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
White Belt
Rank
Total Posts:  92
Joined  2008-07-09
lemon tree - 07 September 2008 10:28 AM

i’m not sure what’s changed since then if it’s just a combination of me having been out of school for a while, being more jaded, the day to day work tasks being a bit mundane, or events in my personal life but i’m not as excited to to go to work as i used to be

having said that - i do my best to enjoy each moment throughout the day.  whether it’s the commute to work, eating lunch or putting together project plans.  i don’t know - perhaps it’s a generalized passion for life expressed in a very quiet way?

Jaded?? check.... mundane tasks??check… lack of excitement??? check…

I understand where your coming from. I’ve been spending a lot of time reflecting on my personality and how I am now, to how I was 8 years ago. I used to be a spit fire, not afraid of what I said to anyone, anybody or what I posted online. I’ve lost friends, had tons of jobs, history has repeated itself in different situations so I can figure out what I can do to make it better, and if I don’t, I get pulled down even farther. I was never one of those people who gets excited or passionate, and if I was, you probably wouldn’t know unless you really knew me. Although, I did have a breakthrough when I talked to the creative director at my school. He said he’s never heard someone “so elequantly put together, the phrases, ‘ this shit’s not handed to you’ and ‘you have to figure out what works for you in order to succeed’ in the same sentence.” Does that mean I’m passionate?

Granted, I’ve never lost my sense of humor in any situation and I try to remind myself that shit’s happening for a reason.

Lemme ask you guys this, what’s your definition of “being passionate” about something? (in any sense of the way… humor me)

Signature 

you smell like iistix!

Posted: 30 September 2008 09:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
White Belt
Rank
Total Posts:  179
Joined  2008-02-20

Visitor Statistics
The most visitors ever was 211, on August 05, 2008 04:28 PM

= passionate about iistix

Signature 

---