3 of 17
Free fashion-related advice
Posted: 02 July 2008 07:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
White Belt
Rank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2008-02-21

dear june,

is it true there is no miracle mascara for girls with foldless eyelids?

yours,
heh

Posted: 02 July 2008 07:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Yellow Belt
RankRank
Total Posts:  261
Joined  2008-02-18
heh - 02 July 2008 07:15 PM

dear june,

is it true there is no miracle mascara for girls with foldless eyelids?

yours,
heh

what do you mean by miracle mascara? are you saying because you dont have a eyelid crease, the mascara smudges more easily?

if so, i think most importantly you want to get a good curler to get your lashes up and away from you lids. shu uemura is like the holy grail of curlers. a couple mascara brands on the market right now that i know are very resistant to smudging if not completely smudge proof are too faced lash injection and imju’s fiberwig.

both items are water resistant, not waterproof, so they don’t smudge and yet easily wash off with warm water. there is some sort of crazy nanotechnology involved in both of these, where the product actually creates a fiber scaffolding type of matrix ("tubules") around each eyelash that creates, some say, false eyelash type results. i’ve only tried the too faced one and even after a hot day my eyes are smudge free. both come with larger brushes to allow full coverage of each lash, but you need to apply with a lighter hand than usual to avoid clumps.

Posted: 02 July 2008 07:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
White Belt
Rank
Joined  2008-02-21

i say miracle mascara because i’ve read mixed reviews about diorshow mascara, prior to coming on iistix. it seems the girls with the smaller eyes and/or foldless eyelids don’t have good results no matter how great the mascara is. but yeah getting a good curler makes sense. my eyelashes aren’t short, they’re actually long but since i don’t have the folds to lift it up, they poke down into my eyes and if i apply mascara then yeah. thank you.

Posted: 02 July 2008 07:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Yellow Belt
RankRank
Joined  2008-02-18

yeah, for us asian girls curling is a must. even thought i have a crease, my eyelashes are stick-straight. they might not point down as much, but they definitely don’t curl up without help. the key to a good curl is to crimp the lashes in 2 or 3 points from base to tips, so it creates a curve and not a sharp angle.

Posted: 02 July 2008 08:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
White Belt
Rank
Joined  2008-02-21

what do you recommend for girls that don’t like wearing bras but need to conceal their you-know-what? sports bra? but even that is heavy.

Posted: 02 July 2008 08:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
White Belt
Rank
Joined  2008-02-21

nipples. i can say it. NIPPLES.

Posted: 02 July 2008 08:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Yellow Belt
RankRank
Joined  2008-02-18

why do you not like wearing bras? do they chafe or poke or whatever? a lot of the new VS bras are super comfy, the seamless wireless molded ones especially. if youre not working out, i hate sportsbras bc they create that “one-boob” effect. if you want to go braless altogether, i hear these work really well: http://www.lindasonline.com/dimrs-nipstiks-adhesive-silicone-nipple-covers.html

Posted: 02 July 2008 08:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Red Belt
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4184
Joined  2008-01-22

They have those nipple sticker things.

Posted: 02 July 2008 08:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Yellow Belt
RankRank
Joined  2008-02-18

i’ve tried the simple sticker ones, but they bunch around the edges and hence the outlines show up through clothing. the DIMRS are tapered at the edges and about 1/16 of an inch thick, so they are as natural and as effective as you can get without wearing a bra.

Posted: 02 July 2008 08:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Yellow Belt
RankRank
Total Posts:  246
Joined  2008-02-18
heh - 02 July 2008 08:00 PM

nipples. i can say it. NIPPLES.

sorry, i just wanted to read nipples again

Posted: 02 July 2008 08:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
White Belt
Rank
Joined  2008-02-21

yeah i was going to edit my post and ask you if you could recommend any super comfy bras. ithank you.

another weird question although it’s more health related i think:

is it true your feet will become wider if all you wear are flip flops?

Posted: 02 July 2008 09:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Yellow Belt
RankRank
Joined  2008-02-18
heh - 02 July 2008 08:52 PM

yeah i was going to edit my post and ask you if you could recommend any super comfy bras. ithank you.

another weird question although it’s more health related i think:

is it true your feet will become wider if all you wear are flip flops?

ive never heard this before but i think if it were to be true, it would take decades to see any difference. and if there were any difference, i’d imagine it to be a minimal one.

Posted: 03 July 2008 07:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
White Belt
Rank
Total Posts:  179
Joined  2008-02-20

dearest J:

Is it grey or gray?

Anyway, what goes best w/ grey/gray slacks? (what color dress shirt/tie?)

Thx!

ry

Signature 

---
aka flip19

Posted: 03 July 2008 07:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Blue Belt
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1491
Joined  2008-02-18

what are some conservative, yet contemporary and age appropriate tops to wear with skirts to work (at a law firm)?

i tend to shy away from the strictly suit-type outfits because i’m young and want to take advantage of the fashion liberties afforded to me.

what else could i wear with a skirt like this? LOLYXB35T938.gif&bw=200&bh=200 (the skirt i have is way less hideous. my skirt is an all black on black slight rougy/flowy skirt). i’m using the picture because it mimics the flow of my skirt the closest.

which i usually pair with something like this P1020157.JPG only with a clunkier necklace

suggestions for regular suit/skirts appreciated as well. s001_chr_L.jpg the tried and true bored and blue.

Posted: 03 July 2008 10:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Yellow Belt
RankRank
Total Posts:  649
Joined  2008-02-18

I didn’t like the Too Faced Lash Injection because it made my eyes itchy. The two most popular mascaras that I’ve seen that work for Asian girls are the Shiseido mascara base and DiorShow. If you’re having a lot of smudging, it could be because your eyelids are a bit oily, in which case you should try a base on your eyelids, like Urban Decay Primer Potion.

It’ll make your eye shadows pop more too.

3 of 17