3 of 140
What made your day? 
Posted: 27 February 2008 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Blue Belt
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1494
Joined  2008-01-30

So today, I made myself laugh while I was getting ready for work. here is the story.

I was doing up my hair with some hair gel in the kitchen and I was looking for my comb, I didn’t know where it was, but I needed it. Since I was in the kitchen I was looking dead onto a fork and for a split second, I thought I had a brilliant idea. Then I laughed it off and called my self an idiot.

Signature 

ActionBooth.com

Posted: 27 February 2008 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Yellow Belt
RankRank
Total Posts:  649
Joined  2008-02-18
UncreativeScreenName - 27 February 2008 02:00 PM

So today, I made myself laugh while I was getting ready for work. here is the story.

I was doing up my hair with some hair gel in the kitchen and I was looking for my comb, I didn’t know where it was, but I needed it. Since I was in the kitchen I was looking dead onto a fork and for a split second, I thought I had a brilliant idea. Then I laughed it off and called my self an idiot.

ariel.gif

Posted: 27 February 2008 05:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Red Belt
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3476
Joined  2008-02-18

somebody want to make a “hottest disney princesses” poll?

Posted: 27 February 2008 07:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
White Belt
Rank
Total Posts:  102
Joined  2008-02-18

OMG. I was 15 feet away from Bill Clinton. It was preeeettty awesome.

Posted: 27 February 2008 07:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Yellow Belt
RankRank
Total Posts:  439
Joined  2008-02-20

I just got contacts for the first time ever - it’s pretty crazy to look around w/o glasses on and see everything so clearly. 

On the other hand, it took my optometrist forever to put them in, I thought I was going to die.  apparently I have small eyes =P
although it only took my two tries to get them in myself.

Posted: 27 February 2008 09:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Blue Belt
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1384
Joined  2007-12-22
joey - 27 February 2008 07:33 PM

I just got contacts for the first time ever - it’s pretty crazy to look around w/o glasses on and see everything so clearly. 

On the other hand, it took my optometrist forever to put them in, I thought I was going to die.  apparently I have small eyes =P
although it only took my two tries to get them in myself.

It’s the weird feeling when you first put them in.  It takes some getting used to.

After awhile, it’s easy, tho.

Signature 

“Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another. Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the alien or the poor. In your hearts do not think evil of each other.”

Posted: 27 February 2008 09:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Yellow Belt
RankRank
Total Posts:  262
Joined  2008-02-18

Whenever I get a package of plain M&Ms;, I make it my duty to continue the strength and robustness of the candy as a species. To this end, I hold M&M;duels.

Taking two candies between my thumb and forefinger, I apply pressure, squeezing them together until one of them cracks and splinters. That is the “loser,” and I eat the inferior one immediately. The winner gets to go another round.

I have found that, in general, the brown and red M&Ms;are tougher, and the newer blue ones are genetically inferior. I have hypothesized that the blue M&Ms;as a race cannot survive long in the intense theater of competition that is the modern candy and snack-food world.

Occasionally I will get a mutation, a candy that is misshapen, or pointier, or flatter than the rest. Almost invariably this proves to be a weakness, but on very rare occasions it gives the candy extra strength. In this way, the species continues to adapt to its environment.

When I reach the end of the pack, I am left with one M&M;, the strongest of the herd. Since it would make no sense to eat this one as well, I pack it neatly in an envelope and send it to M&M;Mars, A Division of Mars, Inc., Hackettstown, NJ 17840-1503 U.S.A., along with a 3x5 card reading, “Please use this M&M;for breeding purposes.”

This week they wrote back to thank me, and sent me a coupon for a free 1/2 pound bag of plain M&Ms;. I consider this “grant money.” I have set aside the weekend for a grand tournament. From a field of hundreds, we will discover the True Champion.

There can be only one.

haha

Posted: 27 February 2008 10:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Yellow Belt
RankRank
Total Posts:  439
Joined  2008-02-20

^^ it was funny, it took forever to get them in the first time, but afterwards I couldn’t even feel them… my eyes were a bit irritated beforehand (allergies), but actually felt better with the contacts in.  It’s been 8 hours now, though, and they’re sort of irritating.  I have to take em out.

I found it harder to take them out than put them in.  I feel like I’m going to pinch my eyeball.

Posted: 28 February 2008 01:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Purple Belt
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1964
Joined  2008-02-18
Redsojo - 27 February 2008 09:44 PM

Whenever I get a package of plain M&Ms;, I make it my duty to continue the strength and robustness of the candy as a species. To this end, I hold M&M;duels.

Taking two candies between my thumb and forefinger, I apply pressure, squeezing them together until one of them cracks and splinters. That is the “loser,” and I eat the inferior one immediately. The winner gets to go another round.

I have found that, in general, the brown and red M&Ms;are tougher, and the newer blue ones are genetically inferior. I have hypothesized that the blue M&Ms;as a race cannot survive long in the intense theater of competition that is the modern candy and snack-food world.

Occasionally I will get a mutation, a candy that is misshapen, or pointier, or flatter than the rest. Almost invariably this proves to be a weakness, but on very rare occasions it gives the candy extra strength. In this way, the species continues to adapt to its environment.

When I reach the end of the pack, I am left with one M&M;, the strongest of the herd. Since it would make no sense to eat this one as well, I pack it neatly in an envelope and send it to M&M;Mars, A Division of Mars, Inc., Hackettstown, NJ 17840-1503 U.S.A., along with a 3x5 card reading, “Please use this M&M;for breeding purposes.”

This week they wrote back to thank me, and sent me a coupon for a free 1/2 pound bag of plain M&Ms;. I consider this “grant money.” I have set aside the weekend for a grand tournament. From a field of hundreds, we will discover the True Champion.

There can be only one.

haha

where did you get that from?  i’m certain i read it before.  maybe on iistix.

Posted: 28 February 2008 02:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Yellow Belt
RankRank
Total Posts:  261
Joined  2008-02-18
joey - 27 February 2008 10:04 PM

^^ it was funny, it took forever to get them in the first time, but afterwards I couldn’t even feel them… my eyes were a bit irritated beforehand (allergies), but actually felt better with the contacts in.  It’s been 8 hours now, though, and they’re sort of irritating.  I have to take em out.

I found it harder to take them out than put them in.  I feel like I’m going to pinch my eyeball.

you should just get lasik. contacts will ravage your eyes eventually. it is the single best thing i’ve ever done. no more contacts!

Posted: 28 February 2008 02:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Yellow Belt
RankRank
Total Posts:  262
Joined  2008-02-18

best of craigslist.

Posted: 28 February 2008 08:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Yellow Belt
RankRank
Total Posts:  348
Joined  2008-02-18

8 more hrs to go. 

yuppieee!

Posted: 28 February 2008 09:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Purple Belt
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1964
Joined  2008-02-18

Gas in Salt Lake City was $3/gal compared to almost $3.50/gal in the Bay Area.

I get daily disposable contacts cuz I normally wear glasses during the week.  I only use the contacts for sports related activities on weekends.  The daily disposables feel way more comfortable to me, plus my optometrist said they’re not all that different from regular contacts, so you can get way with wearing the same pair for a few days, so they’re not that expensive for me either.

Posted: 28 February 2008 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Red Belt
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3476
Joined  2008-02-18

^did you buy a drinking license in utah?

Posted: 28 February 2008 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Blue Belt
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  728
Joined  2008-02-19

Getting them out has always been easier for me.  you just need to find a method that works.  The pinch for me is the best.  I look to one side and then pinch the other to get them off.

Your eyes will get used to them i wear mine for like 10 hrs most of the time now and i have been wearing them since 9th grade, so almost 17 years now.  I told my eye doctor that and he gave me ones that are supposed to be better for people who are on computers a lot and wear them for long periods of time.

although you should keep a bottle of the rewetting drops.  depending on how dry the climate is you should use them when needed.  although don’t over do it, i hear your if you use them too much your eyes adapt so that it wont produce as much tears because it gets used to the drops. 

joey - 27 February 2008 10:04 PM

3 of 140